With Brisbane’s population growing at an exponential rate, new residential housing developments are popping up all over the place.
From major shopping precincts to neighbourhood schools, playgrounds, and business parks, we take a look at the future of three of Brisbane’s newest housing developments.
Yarrabilba, Logan City
40 kilometres south-east of the CBD and just 15 kilometres away from the M1 Motorway sits Yarrabilba, a new housing development by Lendlease with significant commercial and community infrastructure. With plans to create up to 1,000 construction jobs per year and more than 17,000 dwellings, Yarrabilba is a residential builder’s dream!
- The estimated timeframe for the development is 30 years (2011 – 2041).
- The area will eventually be home to around 45,000 people.
- Upon completion, there will be a 100+ hectare Mixed Industry Business Area (MIBA).
- There are plans for a major shopping precinct, a Caltex service station, Coles supermarket, medical centre, and IGA convenience store.
- 11 schools are proposed, from early childcare centres right up to secondary schools.
Greenbank, Logan City
Located between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Greenbank is a major housing development proposal in the pipeline. The area is set to experience considerable growth over the next decade with a multitude of opportunities for residential builders. Developed by Mirvac, plans for the estate include over 3,000 residential homesites, a primary school, a neighbourhood centre, a major recreational park and a major sports park.
- The total area of the proposed estate equals 481 hectares and is situated just 30 kilometres south of the Brisbane CBD.
- The site itself is situated 10 minutes east of Mirvac’s Orion Shopping Centre, which is currently undergoing a $154 million expansion.
- The estate will include 100 hectares of green space.
- Depending on approval time frames, site work could start in late 2016.
Situated only 19 kilometres south of the Brisbane CBD and 30 minutes away from the Brisbane Airport, Pallara is the newest housing development by Stockland and one of the last remaining development opportunities this close to the city.
- Future community plans include a central park, a playground with dog sitting area, childcare facilities, a shopping precinct, and TransLink bus connections.
- Around 50% of the estate will be dedicated to conservation areas and open space.
- There are also plans for another major business park in the works, offering hundreds of possible jobs for Brisbane residents.
Does your home or residential development need a new air conditioning system? We love working with residential builders and new homeowners. Contact us, or give us a call on 07 3342 4316 today!